Sunday, September 19, 2010

Escape from New York

With all the talk of closings and openings, bloggers and blogging, muggings and mixologists, it becomes periodically necessary to get away from it all and clear ones head. To this end, I like to hop on the A to 175th St. and then hike across the GWB to the Pallisades.

Some how all that space and air are the perfect antidote to so much bullshit.




The iconic Highbridge Watertower.

Climbing out to the domain of the BirdMang!

Close passes by an Osprey,

and two playful juvenile Merlin falcons!

Making my way back in the late summer dusk, I watched the Moon rise over Manhattan. Setting the stage for some great GWB night shots.




Die Bike Thief Scum (you know who you are)!

3 comments:

River Bolden said...

wow. great shots.

I remember the days when I had to drive over the GW...stopping at the Ft. Lee bus stop trying to pick people up for 3 or more..to get the EZ pass carpool rate.

-RB

Anonymous said...

I love to walk across the GWB...mainly because I love to eat in Fort Lee! Another perk to living in Harlem: the bridges to elsewhere are close by. Nice photos!
Mavis
http://expatevermore.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the quick getaway - spectacular.